It was Abraham Lincoln who famously said “A house divided against itself cannot stand,” during the Lincoln-Douglas debates of 1858. Fast forward 155 years to today only to find that our Congress is once again divided against itself and the American people’s minds are flooded with questions.
Join me on Tuesday, October 15 at 1 PM EST as I participate on a panel of experts brought together by the folks at CommPRO.biz to discuss the division of Congress and the government shutdown.
- The current environment:
- Confidence in our institutions has been shaken
- Business world also suffers from a crisis in confidence
- Have the promises / calls for greater transparency – for both the government and business world – been met?
- Americans sharply divided / national apathy
- Where do we go from here?
- What does the government have to do to restore the faith of the American public?
- How should companies position themselves in the current environment?
- Business as usual? Something else?
- What is the role of communications pros?